Dr. Douglas Ditzel practices Radiation Oncology in Dayton, OH. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Ditzel specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Univ Tx Hlth Sc Sn Antonio, Radiation Oncology
- University Of Tx Health Science Center Of San Antonio 1984
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Douglas W Ditzel DO's Practice location
Dayton, OH 45409Get Direction
ENGLEWOOD, OH 45415Get Direction
Dr. Douglas W Ditzel DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Ronald Hale3120 Governors Place Boulevard Kettering Ohio 45409
- Dr. Rebecca J Paessun M.D.9000 N Main St Dayton OH 45415
- Dr. Douglas B Einstein MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Heather S Kaiser M.D.9000 N Main St Dayton OH 45415
- Dr. Gregory M Rasp M.D.9000 N Main St Dayton OH 45415
- Dr. Hong W Chin M.D.4100 W 3rd St Dayton OH 45428