Dr. Isam Zakhour is an ophthalmologist practicing in Florence, SC. Dr. Zakhour specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Zakhour can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Zakhour can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Govt. Dental College, Bangalore University, India 1976
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Wills Eye Hosp, Ophthalmology; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; Mercy Catholic Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School Program
Dr. Isam J Zakhour M.D.'s Practice location
Florence, SC 29506Get Direction
FLORENCE, SC 29501Get Direction
Dr. Isam J Zakhour M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zakhour
- How to Properly Take Care of Your Eyelashes
Lush, full lashes are any woman’s dream. Avoiding a few bad habits and replacing them with some good ones may lead to beautiful, long lashes.Eyelashes have a very important role in the health of the eyes. They are protective in nature preventing foreign matter out of the eye. They also act as an...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- Reasons Why You Would Need Laser Eye Surgery
Fast on the heels of FDA approval, the passage of nearly two decades has seen Lasik eye surgery (laser in situ keratomileusis), assuming the number one spot in elective surgical procedures opted by the American public. Lasik has redefined eye care by surgically reshaping the cornea of the eye in...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Dr. Mark J Ross M.D.602 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Howard Nobles Greene M.D.400 N Cashua Dr Florence SC 29501
- Dr. Hugh C Gaskin M.D.602 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Mr. Samuel Eric Seltzer MD400 N Cashua Dr Florence SC 29501
- Dr. Mark R Stokes M.D.602 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Deanna Lyttle M.D1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201