Dr. Michael Mclaughlin practices Emergency Medicine in San Jose, CA. Dr. Mclaughlin assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Mclaughlin examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- EPA worst case water microcosms for testing phage biocontrol of Salmonella.
- Rainfall simulation in greenhouse microcosms to assess bacterial-associated runoff from land-applied poultry litter.
- Recovery of Salmonella from bermudagrass exposed to simulated wastewater.
- Characterization of selected nutrients and bacteria from anaerobic swine manure lagoons on sow, nursery, and finisher farms in the Mid-South USA.
- Comparison of selected nutrients and bacteria from common contiguous soils inside and outside swine lagoon effluent spray fields after long-term use.
- Nutrients and bacteria in common contiguous Mississippi soils with and without broiler litter fertilization.
- Temporal flux and spatial dynamics of nutrients, fecal indicators, and zoonotic pathogens in anaerobic swine manure lagoon water.
- Land application of manure and Class B biosolids: an occupational and public quantitative microbial risk assessment.
- Microbial ecology, bacterial pathogens, and antibiotic resistant genes in swine manure wastewater as influenced by three swine management systems.
- Effects of bedding materials in applied poultry litter and immobilizing agents on runoff water, soil properties, and bermudagrass growth.
Dr. Michael R Mclaughlin MD's Practice location
San Jose, CA 95128Get Direction
Gardnerville, NV 89410Get Direction
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA 96150Get Direction
Dr. Michael R Mclaughlin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Robert Venable855 El Camino Real Palo Alto California 94301
- Dr. Gus M. Garmel MD900 Kiely Blvd Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Edward Stanley Klofas M.D815 Pollard Road Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Jane Koopman MD4663 Scotts Valley Dr Scotts Valley CA 95066
- Dr. Pravene A Nath M.D.300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Mihir A. Meghani M.D.27400 Hesperian Blvd Hayward CA 94545