Dr. Myles Desner is an oncologist practicing in Jericho, NY. Dr. Desner specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Desner manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Homewood Hosp Ctr-N Campus, Radiology; Nat'L Cancer Inst, Hematology/Oncology
Dr. Myles Ralph Desner M.D.'s Practice location
Jericho, NY 11753Get Direction
Dr. Myles Ralph Desner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Turmeric Help Fight Cancer?
What is cancer?Cancer is the term given to a group of diseases where cells uncontrollably grow. All types of cancer usually begin in cells and can develop anywhere in the body. It begins when there are changes in a cell or a group of cells. The human body is composed of millions and millions of...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- Treatments for Leukemia
When selecting a cure for blood cancer, one does not decide haphazardly. Thorough research about the background of the type of treatment you are looking into should be conducted. It is also salient to know the effects of the various options so as to prepare the client and the relatives about the...
- Oncoplastic Surgery Success Story at Tufts Medical Center
While there are thousands of difficulties that surround breast cancer, one of the largest for many women is losing their breasts in surgery. While it is a necessary evil due to the cancer, it can be very difficult on confidence and self-image. If they wish to reconstruct their breasts, there are...
- Prostate Cancer: What Are the Symptoms If It Is Not Asymptomatic?
Prostate cancer tends to affect only men. The incidence of prostate cancer is on the increase and tends to be more common in the western world. The causes of prostate cancer are poorly understood. However, risks factors include a positive family history, environmental and dietary factors. The...
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- Howard W. Bruckner2330 Eastchester Rd Bronx New York 10469
- Dr. Howard W. Bruckner M.D.7 East 88th Street New York New York 10128
- Dr. Paula Klein M.D.325 West 15th Street New York New York 10011
- Dr. Zujun Li M.D.325 W 15th St New York NY 10011
- Dr. James Austin Talcott MDSM325 W 15th St New York NY 10011
- Dr. Christine M Pellegrino MDMmc - Dept. Of Oncology Bronx NY 10467