Dr. Joseph Hastings practices Radiation Oncology in Los Angeles, CA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Hastings specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
University of California 2006
Dr. Joseph Raymond Hastings MD, MPH's Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90027Get Direction
Santa Clara, CA 95051Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Raymond Hastings MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Does Bladder Cancer Require Chemotherapy for Treatment?
Does bladder cancer require chemotherapy for treatment?Bladder cancer can be treated through a number of ways and chemotherapy is one of them. Chemotherapy is an important treatment method and it works well in many cases. However, to understand whether it is necessary, it is important to know what...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Dr. Rex Hoffman MD181 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505
- Dr. Henry Yampolsky M.D.150 N Robertson Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211
- Dr. Lisa Martine Chaiken MD1328 Twenty-Second Street Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Vijaykumar Ramchandra Kini MDDept 9626 Los Angeles CA 90084
- Dr. Tania Betty Kaprealian MD200 Medical Plz Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Naomi R. Schechter M.D.1600 Divisadero Ave Rm H1031 San Francisco CA 94143