Dr. Manuel Dee is a nephrologist practicing in Titusville, FL. Dr. Dee specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Dee most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ Of The Philippines- Coll Of Med- Manila- Philippines 1970
- Lateral hypothalamic injections of glutamate, kainic acid, D,L-alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-isoxazole propionic acid or N-methyl-D-aspartic acid rapidly elicit intense transient eating in rats.
- Lateral hypothalamic NMDA receptors and glutamate as physiological mediators of eating and weight control.
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Internal Medicine; Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Flushing Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Manuel G Dee M.D.'s Practice location
Titusville, FL 32796Get Direction
Dr. Manuel G Dee M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What are the Early Signs of Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (also known as lupus) is a condition that usually affects women. It occurs as a result of antibodies or lymphocytes generated against substances that exist in the body. Approximately one out of 2,100 people has the condition.Women are five times more vulnerable to...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...