Dr. Anna Mullis is a speech language pathologist practicing in CHAPEL HILL, NC. Dr. Mullis specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mullis evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mullis helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
- The resiliency of street children in Brazil.
- Social support and the ability to adapt to life among Brazilian street children and non-street children.
- Readdressing gender bias in the Coopersmith Self-Esteem Inventory-short form.
- Evaluation of a "loss-framed" minimal intervention to increase mammography utilization among medically un- and under-insured women.
- The effect of leukemia and its treatment on self-esteem of school-age children.
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal comparisons of adolescent self-esteem.
- Identity formation of United States American and Asian Indian adolescents.
- Parental relationships, autonomy, and identity processes of high school students.
- American Indian youths' perceptions of their environment and their reports of depressive symptoms and alcohol/marijuana use.
- Child behaviors as a moderator: Examining the relationship between foster parent supports, satisfaction, and intent to continue fostering.
- Adolescent stress: issues of measurement.
- Vocational interests of adolescents: relationships between self-esteem and locus of control.
- Stability of vocational interests among high school students.
Anna Katherine Mullis M. A., CCC-SLP's Practice location
CHAPEL HILL, NC 27514Get Direction
Anna Katherine Mullis M. A., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Joyce Marie Toler M.S. CCC-SLP3105 OLD CRAIG CT MEBANE NC 27302
- Cheryl L Brenner SLP501 CHANDLER GRANT DR CARY NC 27519
- Mrs. Meghan Wright Lister SLP1829 E FRANKLIN ST CHAPEL HILL NC 27514
- Ms. Barbara Adams MACCCSLP300 MEADOWLAND DR HILLSBOROUGH NC 27278
- Tammy Greiner MS, CCC-SLP103 FREHOLD CT CARY NC 27519
- Mr. Harrison Nathan Jones PHD1000 TRENT DRIVE DURHAM NC 27710