Dr. Selvakumar Chockalingam M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1400 Portland Ave Suite 31 Rochester NY, 14621
Dr. Selvakumar Chockalingam is a cardiologist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Chockalingam specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Chockalingam also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1986
Madras Medical College 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; Long Island Coll Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Program A
Dr. Selvakumar Chockalingam M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, NY 14621Get Direction
Dr. Selvakumar Chockalingam M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chockalingam
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Angina Pectoris: What are the Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment?
Angina pectoris is a symptom of a coronary artery disease which causes chest pain due to less blood flow to the heart muscle. Angina pectoris is also known as angina, and this problem can be a recurring issue or a sudden acute issue. Angina pectoris can be defined as pressure, stiffness, tightness...
- Does Hypertension Have Warning Signs?
With modern life complexities becoming more evident, instances of lifestyle health conditions like hypertension have been on the rise. According a recent report, the number of people living with hypertension is estimated to reach 1.56 billion worldwide by the year 2025. In the US, more than 75% of...
- 5 Tips on Living with Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition of the heart which causes irregularity of the heartbeat. It causes quivering inside the heart chambers, especially the atria. Due to this rapid and irregular trembling, patients also have an increased risk of stroke.People that have atrial fibrillation usually have...
- What are the Side Effects of the Clonidine Drug?
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a condition that causes an immense force of blood on the walls of the arteries. This pressure could sometimes be so high that it could eventually lead to certain health conditions. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of stroke and other serious...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Dr. Joan L. Thomas MD101 Canal Landing Boulevard Rochester New York 14626
- Dr. David R Fries M.D.2365 S Clinton Ave Rochester NY 14618
- Dr. Maurice E Varon M.D.2365 S Clinton Ave Rochester NY 14618
- Dr. Imran Chaudhary MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Christopher Cove MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Ronald Schwartz MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642