Dr. Karen Lim practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Lim evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Lim seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Dr. Karen P Lim M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90024Get Direction
BROWN DEER, WI 53223Get Direction
Dr. Karen P Lim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Dr. Denise McDermott M.D.1711 Via El Prado Redondo Beach California 90277
- Dr. Brenda Robertson M.D.595 E. Colorado Blvd Pasadena CA 91101
- Dr. Young Chung MD13652 Cantara St Panorama City CA 91402
- Dr. Carlos Jordan-manzano M.D.1000 W Carson St. Torrance CA 90509
- Dr. Eliot Moon M.D.940 Avenue 64 Pasadena CA 91105
- Dr. B. Rock Choe MD3727 W 6th St Los Angeles CA 90020