Dr. Claire Peebles is a psychologist practicing in Metairie, LA. Dr. Peebles specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Peebles evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Peebles because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Claire Dianne Peebles PH.D.'s Practice location
Metairie, LA 70006Get Direction
Dr. Claire Dianne Peebles PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- What Is Emotional Eating?
There may be times that an individual will turn to junk food to deal with emotional stress. This habit of eating comfort foods to satisfy a feeling or an emotion is referred to as emotional eating. When an individual turns to emotional eating, he or she may over eat to try to combat strained...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- Dr. Talaat H. Mohamed MD2633 Napoleon Avenue New Orleans Louisiana 70115
- Dr. Melissa Kunimatsu PH.D.4829 Prytania St. New Orleans Louisiana 70115
- Dr. Maryellen Romero PHD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Susan R Andrews PH D2626 N Arnoult Rd Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Gayle Renee Baer PH.D.5500 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie LA 70003
- Ms. Kristen Anne Luscher PH.D.229 Bellemeade Blvd Gretna LA 70056