Dr. David Tharp is a radiologist practicing in Victoria, TX. Dr. Tharp specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch of Med, Lubbock Tx 1992
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 1992
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Integris Baptist Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology
- Integris Baptist Medical Center Program
David Bruce Tharp MD's Practice location
Victoria, TX 77901Get Direction
David Bruce Tharp MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Silvestre A Ortiz MD506 E San Antonio Street Victoria TX 77901
- Karl Kong-yuan Chen M.D.2807 N Ben Wilson St Victoria TX 77901
- Sean K. Osullivan M.D., D.A.B.R.6915 N. Main St. Victoria TX 77904
- Kavin Malhotra MD1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Stephen William Tibbitts MD2710 Hospital Dr Victoria TX 77901
- Charles Ernest Strauss MEDICAL DOCTOR5505 Country Club Dr # A Victoria TX 77904