Dr. Donald Fylstra is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Fylstra specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Fylstra can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Fylstra can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt Univ Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1976
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 1976
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Early diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy and treatment with methotrexate.
- Treatment of cervical pregnancy with cerclage, curettage and balloon tamponade. A report of three cases.
- Vaginal breech delivery: will it disappear forever from the delivery room?
- Postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy: does the progestin make a difference?
- Ectopic pregnancy within a cesarean scar: a review.
- Ectopic pregnancy within a cesarean delivery scar: a case report.
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy: have HERS2 and WHI given us any new information?
- A comparative study of hysteroscopic sterilization performed in-office versus a hospital operating room.
- Ectopic pregnancy after hysterectomy: a review and insight into etiology and prevention.
- Uteroperitoneal fistula formation after proximal salpingectomy with harmonic scalpel resulting in a third consecutive fallopian tube ectopic pregnancy: a case report.
- An alternative monitoring protocol for single-dose methotrexate therapy in ectopic pregnancy.
- Ovarian ectopic pregnancy 6 years after supracervical cesarean hysterectomy: a case report.
- Ectopic pregnancy not within the (distal) fallopian tube: etiology, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Hysteroscopy and suction evacuation of cesarean scar pregnancies: a case report and review.
- Cervical pregnancy: 13 cases treated with suction curettage and balloon tamponade.
- West Virginia Univ Hosps, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Tripler Army Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- W Va U Med Ctr
- West Virginia University Program
Dr. Donald Lee Fylstra MD's Practice location
Dr. Donald Lee Fylstra MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Stress Can Cause Infertility
A study published in the journal, Fertility and Sterility, adds evidence to the fact that stress may reduce the chances of getting pregnant. Women who had higher levels of stress-related enzyme, alpha amylase, were less likely to conceive, reports the study. This is the first study to present a...
- Fibroids: What Are Sex Hormone Suppressors?
Hormonal suppression is a form of hormone therapy that focuses on directly or indirectly altering the level of estrogen and progesterone in the body of people suffering from fibroids. These hormones are known to fuel the occurrence of fibroids. To regulate the levels of these hormones, special...
- Alternative Treatments for Bacterial Vaginosis
Having both “good” and ”bad” bacteria in the vagina is healthy. Nevertheless, bacterial vaginosis can develop if there is an imbalance in the two types of bacteria. When there is an overgrowth of the “bad” bacteria, they can cause inflammation that is associated with a bad-smelling,...
- Is Genital Herpes A Life-Long Condition?
What Is Genital Herpes?Genital herpes is a life-long condition. Symptoms of genital herpes usually manifest within 24 hours of transmission. Some people may not even experience any symptoms until a few weeks or even months after being infected. The first manifestation of symptoms is known as a...
- Fetal Exposure to Chemotherapy May Not Affect the Development of the Child
A new study has given reassuring results for mothers who are under chemotherapy treatment for cancer. The study results show that fetal exposure to chemotherapy after the first trimester may not cause health problems or developmental delays in the child. In this study published in the journal...
- Early Signs of Pregnancy You Should Know
Missed PeriodThis is the most obvious indicator that you’re pregnant. Women who have regular menstruation consider this the most important sign of being pregnant.Swollen and tender breastsYour body’s estrogen and progesterone levels are increased because you’re pregnant. The increased levels...
- Dr. Paula E Orr MD5319 Parkshire Way North Charleston SC 29418
- Dr. Kathryn Manning Hargrove M.D.2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Elaine Eustis MD3510 Hwy 17 North Mount Pleasant SC 29466
- Dr. Christian Smith Cook M.D.851 Leonard Fulghum Dr Mount Pleasant SC 29464
- Dr. Caroline S Keller M.D.2145 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Heidi Michelle Sapp MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425