Dr. Edward V Nunes M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry617 W End Ave Suite 1b New York NY, 10024
Dr. Edward Nunes is a psychiatrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Nunes is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Nunes diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Nunes may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Nunes treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- Dissociative identity disorder and substance abuse: the forgotten relationship.
- Pergolide mesylate for cocaine abuse: a controlled preliminary trial.
- Young forms of Trypanosoma cruzi in the circulation of experimentally infected mice.
- Clinical analysis and parasite genetic diversity in human immunodeficiency virus/Chagas' disease coinfections in Brazil.
- Megabladder in experimental Chagas disease: pathological features of the bladder wall.
- Risk/protective factors among addicted mothers' offspring: a replication study.
- Cytokine-like substance: origin and fate in Chagas' disease a new hypothesis about the local inflammatory reaction etiopathogenesis (experimental study in white mice)
- Venlafaxine treatment of cocaine abusers with depressive disorders.
- Divalproex treatment for youth with explosive temper and mood lability: a double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover design.
- Life cycle of Trypanosoma cruzi (Y strain) in mice.
- The effect of sertraline on methadone plasma levels in methadone-maintenance patients.
- Current concepts in the treatment of depression in alcohol-dependent patients.
- Pathological gambling: addiction or compulsion?
- Concurrent substance use and outcome in combined behavioral and naltrexone therapy for opiate dependence.
- Anger and depressive states among treatment-seeking drug abusers: testing the psychopharmacological specificity hypothesis.
- Colum Presby/Ny St Psyc Institute 1982
- New York State Psychiatric Institute/New York Presbyterian Hospital 1985
Dr. Edward V Nunes M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10024Get Direction
Dr. Edward V Nunes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nunes
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- Intellectual Disability in Children: Know the Signs
Intellectual DisabilityIntellectual disability (ID), formerly called as mental retardation, is a type of developmental disability, in which individuals have certain limitations in their intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. People with ID have difficulty learning, communicating, solving...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- 10 Tips For Managing and Reducing Anxiety
Living with constant and excessive anxiety is not easy. Many people with anxiety struggle every day to find relief, but often fall short. This is because controlling anxiety is a long-term process and cannot be completed overnight. If you truly want to learn to manage your anxiety and regain control...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD7701 13th Ave Brooklyn NY 11228
- Ms. Esha Khoshnu M.D.570 Belleville Ave Belleville NJ 07109
- Dr. Calvin H. Haber M.D.1 Hickory Rd Woodmere New York 11598
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 5th Ave New York NY 10011
- Dr. Mariela Teresa Padro M.D.7600 S Red Rd, Suite 225 South Miami FL 33143
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.35 W. Hudson Avenue Englewood New Jersey 07631