Dr. James Peters Murphey M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology576 W 900 S Suite 105 Bountiful UT, 84010
Dr. James Murphey is a pathologist practicing in Bountiful, UT. Dr. Murphey is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Murphey can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Murphey may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1974
Tulane University of Louisiana 1974
Tulane University School of Medicine 1974
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- L D S Hospital, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- U Utah Mc
Dr. James Peters Murphey M.D.'s Practice location
Bountiful, UT 84010Get Direction
Dr. James Peters Murphey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Murphey
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Jorge Cesar Isaac M.D,360 E 4500 S Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Dr. Beverly J Lynch MD1050 E South Temple Salt Lake City UT 84102
- Dr. Elizabeth M Jensen MDSalt Lake City Va Salt Lake City UT 84148
- Dr. Mohamed E Salama MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Thomas D Coppin MD620 Medical Dr Bountiful UT 84010
- Dr. Chris Frank Campana MD360 E 4500 S Salt Lake City UT 84107