Dr. Gorman M Thorp MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1201 N 18th St Abilene TX, 79601
Dr. Gorman Thorp is a cardiologist practicing in Abilene, TX. Dr. Thorp specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Thorp also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1978
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Scott & White Mem Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Scott & White Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Scott and White Memorial Hospital Program
Dr. Gorman M Thorp MD's Practice location
Dr. Gorman M Thorp MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thorp
- There is a Link Between Anabolic Steroid Use and Heart Conditions
A study published in the journal Circulation: Heart Failure, has shown that continuous use of anabolic steroids may weaken the heart. To add to the woes, researchers are not clear whether this change is a reversible one. In this study, weight lifters who took steroids regularly had impaired heart...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Is Rheumatoid Arthritis Associated with Other Medical Conditions?
Have you been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis? If so, there is a possibility that you could be at a higher risk of experiencing further issues with other organs. Because of these risk factors, it is important to look out for any possible symptoms you may be experiencing. These symptoms can vary...
- Angina Pectoris: What are the Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment?
Angina pectoris is a symptom of a coronary artery disease which causes chest pain due to less blood flow to the heart muscle. Angina pectoris is also known as angina, and this problem can be a recurring issue or a sudden acute issue. Angina pectoris can be defined as pressure, stiffness, tightness...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Dr. Jack D Bargainer MD1201 N 18th St Abilene TX 79601
- Dr. Nikunjkumar I Patel MD1201 N 18th St Abilene TX 79601
- Dr. Ren Zhang M.D.1201 N 18th St Abilene TX 79601
- Dr. Alexander Woolf Armour D.O1775 Dempster St Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Robert S. Leverton M.D.6200 Regional Plz Abilene TX 79606
- Dr. Harvinder Arora M.D7723 Cambridge St Houston TX 77054