Dr. Thomas Luckam is a Dentist practicing in Williamsburg, VA. Dr. Luckam specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Thomas G Luckam DDS's Practice location
Williamsburg, VA 23188Get Direction
Thomas G Luckam DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Denture Creams Can Cause Nerve Damage
A number of recent reports show that overuse of denture creams and other products leads to nerve damage. The major reason behind this damage is zinc poisoning from the products. Zinc is an important mineral required by the body, but the amount of zinc is usually balanced with that of copper. People...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Gum Disease is Common in Pot Smokers
A new study published in, The Journal of American Medical Association, reports that pot use is associated with gum disease. This disease, considered to be a disease due to aging, was very common among people who smoke marijuana. The result remained the same even after accounting for all other...
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- Tips for Bad Breath
- Dr. Mark A Huie DDS12725 Mcmanus Blvd Newport News VA 23602
- Dr. Steven Scott Stensland DDS7450 Richmond Rd Williamsburg VA 23188
- Dr. Heather Pham D.D.S.Building 577 Sternberg Ave Fort Eustis VA 23604
- Dr. Timothy K Johnston Other7450 Richmond Rd Williamsburg VA 23188
- Dr. Velma Wilma Barnwell DDS606 Denbigh Blvd Newport News VA 23608
- Michael C. Shuck D.D.S.277 Mclaws Cir Williamsburg VA 23185