Dr. Bhumika Desai is a pediatrician practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Desai is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Desai diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Desai can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
St. George's University School of Medicine 2012
- Birth Defects
- Stomach Flu
- Children's Hospital Program
Bhumika Desai M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10038Get Direction
Bhumika Desai M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Examining Eye Movements Can Help Diagnose Autism
When it comes to treating autism, the earlier that a diagnosis can be accurately provided, the better off the patient will be in the long-term. While some members of the medical community continue to devote research to the treatment of autism, and while that research is undoubtedly invaluable,...
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- How to Prepare for an Adenoidectomy
Adenoidectomy is an operation performed to remove one's adenoids. Most of the time, adenoidectomy is done to children. Although rare, the procedure can be done to adults as well. When do adenoids need to be removed?Due to bacteria, viruses, or allergic reactions, your child might have enlarged...
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- Dr. Patricia A. Rogers M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Ramon E. Ferrand MD600 W 150th St New York New York 10034
- Dr. Zahida Khan MD284 Suydam Street Brooklyn New York 11237
- Judith Goldstein1559 York Avenue New York New York 10028
- Dr. Muhammad Bhatti MD319 Hooper Street Brooklyn New York 11211
- Mrs. Kusum Jethwa MD117 Westfield Ave Elizabeth NJ 07208