Dr. Mark Diercks is a psychiatrist practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Diercks is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Diercks diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Diercks may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Diercks treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1981
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Creighton Univ Affil Hosp, Psychiatry
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Program
Mr. Mark Jeffrey Diercks MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68102Get Direction
OMAHA, NE 68102Get Direction
Mr. Mark Jeffrey Diercks MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- What Is ADHD: Get the Facts
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often referred to as ADHS is a detrimental brain condition characterized by a continuous pattern of impulsivity, inattention or hyperactivity. All these symptoms interrupt the patient’s developmental growth:...
- How To Help Your Loved One Combat Geriatric Depression
Clinical depression is very common in elderly people. While the cause of depression is different depending on the individual, one of the main reasons behind geriatric depression is loneliness. Family members usually focus on the physical health of their elders and deliberately ignore another...
- Jane B. Dahlke10815 Elm Street Omaha Nebraska 68144
- Dr. Kay M. Shilling MD7602 Pacific Street Omaha Nebraska 68114
- Dr. Chelsea Lynn Chesen MD11635 Arbor St Omaha NE 68144
- Dr. Abraham Blain Medaris MD601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Sara R Catania D.O.601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Rahul Sharma M.D.601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131