Dr. Thomas Gilton is a Dentist practicing in Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Gilton specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Florida B.S. 2002
University Of Florida College Of Dentistry D.M.D. 2012
- Dental Exams & Cleanings
- Panoramic X-rays
- Digital X-rays
- Oral Cancer Exam
- CEREC® A Crown in One Day
- Porcelain Inlays
- Porcelain Onlays
- Composite Fillings
- Porcelain Crowns (caps)
- Tooth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain Fixed Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Laser Periodontal Therapy™
- Periodontal Scaling & Root Planing
- Periodontal Disease Treatment
- Solea Laser Dentistry
- Root Canal Therapy
- Root Canal Retreatment
- Crowns (caps)
- Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Dentures & Partial Dentures
- Fixed Bridges
- Clear Correct Orthodontics
- Intra-oral Camera
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Professional MemberAmerican Dental Association
- Professional MemberFlorida Dental Association
- Professional MemberWest Coast District Dental Associations
- Professional MemberAmerican Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Professional MemberInternational Academy of Medical and Oral Toxicology
Dr. Thomas James Gilton DMD's Practice location
Saint Petersburg, FL 33710Get Direction
TAMPA, FL 33625Get Direction
Dr. Thomas James Gilton DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilton
- Is There a Link Between Gum Disease and Breast Cancer?
Being on top of oral health is important. This is not new information. From childhood, people are taught that brushing at least twice a day and flossing every day is essential.It is also well known now that smoking is a risk factor for cancer. However, what may not be common knowledge is the...
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Most Common Causes of Bad Breath
Bad breath, medically known as halitosis, is an indicator of poor dental hygiene, but may also result from other health issues. The types of food you eat and your lifestyle habits strongly affect your breath. If you eat foods with strong odors, it is only normal that it changes the smell of your...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Yoan Suarez-Zayas3801 N Park St Saint Petersburg FL 33709
- Dr. H. Mikel Hopkins DDS1952 Bayshore Blvd Dunedin FL 34698
- Dr. R. Brian Ligon D.D.S.5201 Central Ave St. Petersburg Florida 33710
- Dr. Rosemarie Marquez D.M.D.6700 Crosswinds Dr N Saint Petersburg FL 33710
- Dr. Rachel Mcnulty Caldwell D.M.D.933 Oleander Way S. Suite 6 South Pasadena FL 33707
- Nelson P. Castellano3302 W Azeele St Tampa FL 33609