Dr. Harold D. Carlson MD
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology275 Collier Road, Nw Suite 300 Atlanta GA, 30309
Dr. Harold Carlson is a cardiologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Carlson specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Carlson also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1980
University of Utah School of Medicine 1980
University of Pennsylvania, PA
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Cardiovascular Diseases; Georgetown Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine Program
Dr. Harold D. Carlson MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30309Get Direction
Dr. Harold D. Carlson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlson
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- How is Congestive Heart Failure Diagnosed?
Congestive heart failure is known as a chronic condition where the heart fails to pump blood as well as it should. In the case of a heart failure, the doctor will use various methods to diagnose if you have had one. Want to know how they do it? Here are the basics:The diagnosis of any illness or...
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Dr. William D. Knopf MD275 Collier Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Stamatios Lerakis MD1365 Clifton Road NE Atlanta Georgia 30322
- Dr. Michael Bozelly Jones M.D.3405 St Claude Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70117
- Mr. Amin Yehya MD95 Collier Rd NW Atlanta Georgia 30309
- Dr. Marcus L. Brown M.D.200 Beacon Pkwy W Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Lawrence E Simpson MD1357 Hembree Rd Roswell GA 30076