Dr. Ann Barnes is an internist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Barnes specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Barnes provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- The epidemic of obesity and diabetes: trends and treatments.
- Descriptive study of educated African American women successful at weight-loss maintenance through lifestyle changes.
- Obesity and sedentary lifestyles: risk for cardiovascular disease in women.
- Pharmacist-managed weight-loss program using meal-replacement product.
- Emerging modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease in women: obesity, physical activity, and sedentary behavior.
- Sedentary behavior, body mass index, and weight loss maintenance among African American women.
Dr. Ann Smith Barnes M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
HOUSTON, TX 77006Get Direction
Dr. Ann Smith Barnes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barnes
- What Does a High Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count Mean?
OverviewRed blood cells (RBCs), also called erythrocytes, are the cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. They are also one of the major components of blood. Having a high red blood cell (RBC) count means that the number of RBCs in the bloodstream is higher than normal. When you have signs and...
- Smile to Look Younger!
Want a youthful appearance? Then just smile, or so says a new study. In one recent study, people guessed that people who were smiling in photos were younger than those who had neutral or angry expressions. This is another study which adds to the evidence that facial expression has an impact on the...
- The History of Fibromyalgia
IntroductionSome may consider fibromyalgia as a fairly new medical condition, but the truth is, this medical condition has actually existed for more than centuries. The term “fibromyalgia” first came into existence in the year 1976. Since the early 1800s, scientists and physicians have written...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- What Are the Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections?
Urinary tract infection, or UTI, is the infection of any part of the urinary tract, including kidneys, urinary bladder, urethra, and ureters (tubes connecting the kidneys to the bladder). The most common among them is the infection of bladder, which when treated immediately, can prevent infection of...
- Dr. Muhammad Umair R. Qamar M.D.6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Anand Balasubramanian M.D.17030 Nanes Drive Houston Texas 77090
- Dr. Asaf Riyaz Qadeer M.D.7333 North Freeway Houston Texas 77076
- Dr. Anwar Ahmad M.D.2000 Crawford St Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Richard C. Lock M.D.12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Texas 77082
- Dr. Joseph E. Sleiman M.D.8221 Gulf Freeway Houston Texas 77017