Dr. Mark Burnett is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Tripler Army Medical Center, HI. Dr. Burnett specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1993
Medical College of Wisconsin 1993
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- History of U.S. military contributions to the study of respiratory infections.
- Management of infants born to women infected with hepatitis B in the military healthcare system.
- Salmonella infections including typhoid disease.
- Pediatric inpatient humanitarian care in combat: Iraq and Afghanistan 2002 to 2012.
- Ebola hemorrhagic Fever.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis.
- Providing care to children in times of war.
- Q Fever.
- Rabies: 2015 Update.
- Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever.
- Zika Virus.
- Japanese Encephalitis.
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
- Meningococcal Disease.
- Hepatitis E.
- Etiology of osteomyelitis complicating sickle cell disease.
- Tripler Army Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Tripler Army Medical Center Program
Dr. Mark W Burnett M.D.'s Practice location
Tripler Army Medical Center, HI 96859Get Direction
Dr. Mark W Burnett M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Are there any Alternative Remedies for the Treatment of Mumps?
What are the best remedies for fever and pain when you have the mumps?Mumps is a viral infection which causes pain and swelling in the throat and neck. It is common in children and youngsters.As the treatment for mumps, traditionally decoctions of healing herbs were recommended for little children....
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- Dr. Douglas Kwock M.D.1319 Punahou Street Honolulu HI 96826
- Dr. Raul C. Rudoy M.D.1319 Punahou St Honolulu HI 96826
- Dr. Marian E. Melish M.D.1319 Punahou St Honolulu HI 96826
- Dr. Sarah Y. Park M.D.1319 Punahou St Honolulu HI 96826
- Dr. Guliz Erdem MDKapiolani Med. Ctr Honolulu HI 96826
- Dr. Christopher M Oberholzer MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642