Dr. Sheldon Burns is a family practitioner practicing in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Burns specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Burns possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1974
University of Minnesota Medical School 1974
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- High Cholesterol
- Enlarged Prostate
- Memory Loss
- Nail Fungus
- Vascular Disease
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical School Program
Dr. Sheldon R Burns M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Sheldon R Burns M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Burns
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Dr. Albert Yeo M.D.10 Shurs Ln Philadelphia PA 19127
- Dr. John W. Apostol M.D.6341 University Ave Ne Minneapolis MN 55432
- Neeraja Maddi MBBS2220 Riverside Ave S Minneapolis MN 55454
- Dr. Scott Anthony Reichel MD5502 W Broadway Minneapolis MN 55428
- Dr. Mary C Homan MD15650 Cedar Ave Saint Paul MN 55124
- Mr. Andrew D Maas MD17305 Cedar Avenue Lakeville MN 55044