Dr. Stephen Roy Shuchter MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry2445 5th Avenue #402 San Diego CA, 92101
Dr. Stephen Shuchter is a psychiatrist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Shuchter is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Shuchter diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Shuchter may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Shuchter treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1969
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1969
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bright light augments antidepressant effects of medication and wake therapy.
- Early psychological reaction to the stress of widowhood.
- Depression through the first year after the death of a spouse.
- Widowhood and anxiety.
- Anxiety and bereavement.
- Major Depression Associated With Widowhood.
- Widowhood. The continuing relationship with the dead spouse.
- The dexamethasone suppression test in acute grief.
- Time course of spousal bereavement.
- Reported suicidal behavior and current suicidal ideation in a psychiatric outpatient clinic.
- Uncomplicated bereavement.
- Aging and bereavement.
- Dating and remarriage over the first two years of widowhood.
- The many faces of depression following spousal bereavement.
- PTSD following bereavement.
- Yale Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Bridgeport Hospital/Yale University Program
Dr. Stephen Roy Shuchter MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92101Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Roy Shuchter MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shuchter
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- How To Help Your Loved One Combat Geriatric Depression
Clinical depression is very common in elderly people. While the cause of depression is different depending on the individual, one of the main reasons behind geriatric depression is loneliness. Family members usually focus on the physical health of their elders and deliberately ignore another...
- What Causes Binge Eating Disorder?
It is very normal for anyone to overeat once in a while. However, when you start overeating on a daily basis and it starts getting out of control, it is probably time to visit a doctor and get checked for binge eating disorder. It is basically a medical complication that makes you want to eat all...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Dr. Ruchira S. Densert MD4510 Executive Dr San Diego California 92121
- Dr. Jennifer Nagode M.D., PH.D.3025 Chicago St San Diego CA 92117
- Dr. Laura Jean Seed M.D.1761 Hotel Cir S San Diego California 92108
- Dr. Hy (Henry) V. Phan M.D.10717 Camino Ruiz San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Kimberly Charlton M.D.91-2301 Fort Weaver Rd Ewa Beach HI 96706
- Dr. Myeong Hi Choi M.D.,PSYCHIATRY621Knight Way La Canada Flintridge California 91011