Dr. James Awbrey practices Orthodontics in Alpharetta, GA. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Awbrey may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Awbrey must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Education and Training
Bs In Chemistry, Auburn University DMD
Dr. James J Awbrey DMD's Practice location
Dr. James J Awbrey DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Dr. George V Corbitt D.M.D.574 Peachtree Pkwy Cumming GA 30041
- Dr. Michael James Crosby D.D.S., M.S.410 Peachtree Pkwy Cumming GA 30041
- Dr. Nima Hajibaik DMD4190 Old Milton Pkwy Alpharetta GA 30005
- Paul Yurfest DDS1275 Powers Ferry Rd Se Marietta GA 30067
- Dr. Vinh P Huynh DMD1568 Indian Trail Lilburn Rd Norcross GA 30093
- Dr. Wendy J Katz DDS1341 Terrell Mill Rd Se Marietta GA 30067