Dr. Harry W. Schwartz MD
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)101 E Olney Ave Suite 400 Philadelphia PA, 19120
Dr. Harry Schwartz is a physiatrist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Schwartz is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Schwartz focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Schwartz can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1985
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 1985
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Productivity and its effect on education.
- Justifying capital equipment in the 1990s.
- Practical considerations in evaluating a radiology information management system for your environment.
- Toward the year 2000 and beyond: AHRA (American Healthcare Radiology Administration) strategic planning and management.
- Quality improvement: the JCAHO model.
- Redesigning radiology's work: an imperative model for the future.
- Managed care: imaging issues and impact.
- A contemporary perspective on capitated reimbursement for imaging services.
- MRI: unique costing and pricing issues.
- The staffing dilemma.
- Are radiology departments underperforming their hospitals?
- Utilization review in diagnostic imaging: can quality be cost effective?
- Evaluating productivity and budgeting staff.
- On focus, distinctive competence, and cost containment.
- New directions in diagnostic imaging: venture into change and opportunity.
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Cooper Hosp/Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Harry W. Schwartz MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19120Get Direction
ELKINS PARK, PA 19027Get Direction
Dr. Harry W. Schwartz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schwartz
- Can Sciatica Pain Be Cured?
What is sciatica?Sciatica is a health condition in which one experiences radiating pain running down from the lower back to the feet. Pain may occur on either side of the leg and it is not necessary that lower back pain exists in all cases of sciatica. The pain’s nature is shooting pain, which...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- Dr. Shawn M. Peterson D.O.25 S 9th St Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Dr. Maryum Rafique DO3401 N. Broad St. Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Syed Hasan MD3400 Spruce St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Mitchell Kirk Freedman D.O.925 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Zach Broyer M.D.925 Chestnut St. , 5th Floor Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Douglas James Brunner MD175 E Chester Pike Ridley Park PA 19078