Dr. Scott Whitney is a Dentist practicing in Broadview Heights, OH. Dr. Whitney specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Scott Steven Whitney DMD's Practice location
Broadview Heights, OH 44147Get Direction
Dr. Scott Steven Whitney DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Gum Contouring
Gum contouring, also known as gum reshaping or tissue sculpting, is a dental procedure done to correct an uneven gum line in people who have teeth resting either too high or low on the gums.The cause of the gums being too high or too low is mainly genetics. It may also be due to certain medical...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Dr. Dennis J. Schirripa D.D.S.3637 Medina Road Medina Ohio 44256
- Dr. Daniel Lee Koplow D.D.S.559 Pikes Peak Avenue Colorado Springs Colorado 80903
- Gary R. Schween D.D.S.5002 Foote Road Medina Ohio 44256
- Dr. Carlos Pires DMD, MSD, MSD6505 Rockside Rd Independence OH 44131
- Dr. John C. Oswald D.D.S.5885 State Road Parma Ohio 44134
- Dr. Walid R Thabet DDS3370 w 117th street Cleveland Oh 44111