Dr. Amanda Caplan is a family practitioner practicing in Northbrook, IL. Dr. Caplan specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Caplan possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Hsp90's secrets unfold: new insights from structural and functional studies.
- Domain requirements of DnaJ-like (Hsp40) molecular chaperones in the activation of a steroid hormone receptor.
- Control of estrogen receptor ligand binding by Hsp90.
- Functional interaction of human Cdc37 with the androgen receptor but not with the glucocorticoid receptor.
- Apoprotein B degradation is promoted by the molecular chaperones hsp90 and hsp70.
- YDJ1p facilitates polypeptide translocation across different intracellular membranes by a conserved mechanism.
- Farnesylation of YDJ1p is required for function at elevated growth temperatures in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Yeast molecular chaperones and the mechanism of steroid hormone action.
- Characterization of YDJ1: a yeast homologue of the bacterial dnaJ protein.
- Basal-level expression of the yeast HSP82 gene requires a heat shock regulatory element.
- Hormone-dependent transactivation by the human androgen receptor is regulated by a dnaJ protein.
- XDJ1, a gene encoding a novel non-essential DnaJ homologue from Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Eukaryotic homologues of Escherichia coli dnaJ: a diverse protein family that functions with hsp70 stress proteins.
- The Ydj1 molecular chaperone facilitates formation of active p60v-src in yeast.
- Hsp90 regulates androgen receptor hormone binding affinity in vivo.
- University Of Tennessee
Dr. Amanda Joy Caplan MD's Practice location
Northbrook, IL 60062Get Direction
Dr. Amanda Joy Caplan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Who is Likely to Become Obese?
Obesity and being overweight have no boundaries. In America people of all ages, gender and ethnic and racial groups have been affected. This problem has been in existence for over 30 years and is growing.AdultsIn 2009 to 2010, almost 70 percent of Americans were obese or overweight according to the...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- What Are HIIT Workouts?
What is a HIIT Workout?HIIT workout plans are intensive and punishing, but there are good reasons why they are very popular. HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training. As its name implies, it is an explosive and high-power workout. It is not a specific workout or exercise routine. Rather,...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Dr. Samantha Starrett Robinson M.D.1162 Maple Ave Mundelein IL 60060
- Dr. Audisho Khoshaba M.D.2653 W Peterson Ave Chicago IL 60659
- Dr. Irma Estacio Maravilla M.D. Chicago Illinois 60646
- Mrs. Elena Edwards MD3295 N ARLINGTON HEIGHTS RD STE 102 ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IL 60004
- Mrs. Sarada Alla MD1754 w golf rd mt prospects il 60013
- Dr. Crystal A Peoples MD6300 Roosevelt Rd Oak Park IL 60304