Dr. Susanna Upton is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAN FRANCISCO, CA. Dr. Upton specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Upton evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Upton helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Susanna Upton M.ED, CCC/SLP's Practice location
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94107Get Direction
Susanna Upton M.ED, CCC/SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Jeff James Doleman MS, MA, SLP-CCC1200 EL CAMINO REAL SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO CA 94080
- Ms. Susan Hearn1624 LEIMERT BLVD OAKLAND CA 94602
- Mr. Casey Rider280 W MACARTHUR BLVD OAKLAND CA 94611
- Justine Charmley1060 TWIN DOLPHIN DR STE 100 REDWOOD CITY CA 94065
- Ms. Kristin Nicole Hricko MA/CCC/SLP1550 SILVEIRA PKWY SAN RAFAEL CA 94903
- Heather Denae Angstadt M.A.119 HIGHLAND AVE APT F BURLINGAME CA 94010