Dr. Eben L Rosenthal MD
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)619 19th St S Birmingham AL, 35249
Dr. Eben Rosenthal is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Rosenthal specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1994
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS- 2004
- Duplicate publications in the otolaryngology literature.
- Three-dose vs extended-course clindamycin prophylaxis for free-flap reconstruction of the head and neck.
- Free flap complications: when is enough, enough?
- The role of free tissue transfer in the reconstruction of massive neglected skin cancers of the head and neck.
- Expression of proteolytic enzymes in head and neck cancer-associated fibroblasts.
- Breast cancer cells with inhibition of p38alpha have decreased MMP-9 activity and exhibit decreased bone metastasis in mice.
- Extracellular matrix metalloprotease inducer-expressing head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells promote fibroblast-mediated type I collagen degradation in vitro.
- A comparison of negative-pressure dressings versus Bolster and splinting of the radial forearm donor site.
- Persistent posttreatment depressive symptoms in patients with head and neck cancer.
- Validation of ultrasonography to evaluate murine orthotopic oral cavity tumors.
- Matrix metalloproteases in head and neck cancer.
- Fibroblast-derived MT1-MMP promotes tumor progression in vitro and in vivo.
- Expandable tracheal stenting for benign disease: worth the complications?
- Promotion of acellular dermal matrix resolution in vitro by matrix metalloproteinase-2.
- Use of negative-pressure dressings to manage a difficult surgical neck wound.
- Use of fluorescent labeled anti-epidermal growth factor receptor antibody to image head and neck squamous cell carcinoma xenografts.
- Sensitivity and specificity of fluorescent immunoguided neoplasm detection in head and neck cancer xenografts.
- Fluorescently labeled cetuximab to evaluate head and neck cancer response to treatment.
- Assessment of indocyanine green-labeled cetuximab to detect xenografted head and neck cancer cell lines.
- Fluorescent labeled anti-EGFR antibody for identification of regional and distant
- Stereomicroscopic fluorescence imaging of head and neck cancer xenografts targeting CD147.
- Fistula analysis after radial forearm free flap reconstruction of hypopharyngeal defects.
- Fluorescent detection of rat parathyroid glands via 5-aminolevulinic acid.
- In vivo efficacy of marimastat and chemoradiation in head and neck cancer xenografts.
- EMMPRIN expression is required for response to bevacizumab therapy in HNSCC
- Modulation of tumor cell growth in vivo by extracellular matrix metalloprotease inducer.
- Functional outcomes following secondary free flap reconstruction of the head and neck.
- Reconstruction of periauricular and temporal bone defects.
- Barriers to early detection and treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in African American men.
- Anti-EMMPRIN monoclonal antibody as a novel agent for therapy of head and neck cancer.
- Functional outcomes after transoral robotic surgery for head and neck cancer.
- Management of the N0 neck in recurrent laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
- Outcomes of salvage surgery with free flap reconstruction for recurrent oral and oropharyngeal cancer.
- Outcomes of static and dynamic facial nerve repair in head and neck cancer.
- Functional outcomes of fibula and osteocutaneous forearm free flap reconstruction for segmental mandibular defects.
- Optical imaging predicts tumor response to anti-EGFR therapy.
- Outcomes following temporal bone resection.
- Anti-EMMPRIN antibody treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in an ex-vivo model.
- Closure of laryngectomy defects in the age of chemoradiation therapy.
- (18)F-FDG PET/CT imaging detects therapy efficacy of anti-EMMPRIN antibody and gemcitabine in orthotopic pancreatic tumor xenografts.
- Method for removing hypopharyngeal salivary bypass tubes.
- Closure of post-laryngectomy pharyngocutaneous fistulae.
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor mediates fibroblast-dependent growth in EMMPRIN-depleted head and neck cancer tumor cells.
- Functional and survival outcomes in patients undergoing total glossectomy compared with total laryngoglossectomy.
- Extracelluar matrix metalloproteinase as a novel target for pancreatic cancer therapy.
- EGFR expression in advanced head and neck cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Outcomes of recurrent head and neck cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Assessment of tissue autofluorescence and reflectance for oral cavity cancer screening.
- Current strategies in reconstruction of maxillectomy defects.
- Disruption of the AKT pathway inhibits metastasis in an orthotopic model of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Patient-perceived and objective functional outcomes following transoral robotic surgery for early oropharyngeal carcinoma.
- Free flap reconstruction of lateral mandibular defects: indications and outcomes.
- Incidence and outcomes of stricture formation postlaryngectomy.
- Use of recombinant bone morphogenetic protein 2 in free flap reconstruction for osteonecrosis of the mandible.
- Free flap reconstruction of self-inflicted submental gunshot wounds.
- Inhibition of fibroblasts reduced head and neck cancer growth by targeting fibroblast growth factor receptor.
- Assessment of donor site morbidity for free radial forearm osteocutaneous flaps.
- CD147 expression in advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Reconstruction of scalp defects with the radial forearm free flap.
- Assessment and incidence of salivary leak following laryngectomy.
- CD147 and AGR2 expression promote cellular proliferation and metastasis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Use of panitumumab-IRDye800 to image microscopic head and neck cancer in an orthotopic surgical model.
- Evaluation of tyrosine receptor kinases in the interactions of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells and fibroblasts.
- Molecular targeting of ultrasonographic contrast agent for detection of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Phase 1 study of erlotinib plus radiation therapy in patients with advanced cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Identification of the optimal therapeutic antibody for fluorescent imaging of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Use of panitumumab-IRDye800 to image cutaneous head and neck cancer in mice.
- Microvascular anastomotic coupler assessment in head and neck reconstruction.
- Fluorescently labeled therapeutic antibodies for detection of microscopic melanoma.
- Outcomes in head and neck reconstruction by surgical site and donor site.
- Preclinical comparison of near-infrared-labeled cetuximab and panitumumab for
- Bone morphogenetic protein 6 expression in oral cavity squamous cell cancer is associated with bone invasion.
- Putting numbers to fluorescent guided surgery.
- A novel extracellular drug conjugate significantly inhibits head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- A comparative study of affibody, panitumumab, and EGF for near-infrared fluorescence imaging of EGFR- and EGFRvIII-expressing tumors.
- Hardware removal after osseous free flap reconstruction.
- Negative pressure wound therapy in head and neck surgery.
- Use of monoclonal antibody-IRDye800CW bioconjugates in the resection of breast cancer.
- Intraluminal negative pressure wound therapy for optimizing pharyngeal reconstruction.
- Optical imaging of head and neck cancer: opportunities and challenges.
- Nasal Myiasis in Hinduism and Contemporary Otorhinolaryngology.
- Head and neck cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma requiring parotidectomy: prognostic indicators and treatment selection.
- Antibody-based imaging strategies for cancer.
- Transoral robotic versus open surgical approaches to oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma by human papillomavirus status.
- IND-directed safety and biodistribution study of intravenously injected cetuximab-IRDye800 in cynomolgus macaques.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition by anti-CD147 therapy in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- A standardized light-emitting diode device for photoimmunotherapy.
- A histological evaluation and in vivo assessment of intratumoral near infrared photothermal nanotherapy-induced tumor regression.
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI evaluates the early response of human head and neck tumor xenografts following anti-EMMPRIN therapy with cisplatin or irradiation.
- Time-dependent pretreatment with bevacuzimab increases tumor specific uptake of cetuximab in preclinical oral cavity cancer studies.
- Breast cancer imaging using the near-infrared fluorescent agent, CLR1502.
- Laparoscopic Fluorescent Visualization of the Ureter With Intravenous IRDye800CW.
- Fluorescence-guided resection of experimental malignant glioma using cetuximab-IRDye 800CW.
- A ratiometric threshold for determining presence of cancer during fluorescence-guided surgery.
- In Vivo Fluorescence Immunohistochemistry: Localization of Fluorescently Labeled
- DNA double strand break repair defect and sensitivity to poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibition in human papillomavirus 16-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Lower facial reanimation techniques following cancer resection and free flap reconstruction.
- Photoimmunotherapy of residual disease after incomplete surgical resection in head and neck cancer models.
- Notch Signaling Activation Is Associated with Patient Mortality and Increased FGF1-Mediated Invasion in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oral Cavity.
- Fluorescence imaging to localize head and neck squamous cell carcinoma for enhanced pathological assessment.
- DNA-Pk expression in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma: Correlations with human papillomavirus status and recurrence after transoral robotic surgery.
- Parotid gland metastasis in Merkel cell carcinoma of the head and neck: A series of 14 cases.
- Beyond the margins: real-time detection of cancer using targeted fluorophores.
- Optical Surgical Navigation for Precision in Tumor Resections.
- Regulatory Aspects of Optical Methods and Exogenous Targets for Cancer Detection.
- Laser-Assisted Indocyanine Green Dye Angiography for Postoperative Fistulas After Salvage Laryngectomy.
- Characterizing the detection threshold for optical imaging in surgical oncology.
- Breast Cancer Imaging Using the Near-Infrared Fluorescent Agent, CLR1502.
- Predictors of readmissions after head and neck cancer surgery: A national perspective.
- Reconstruction of midface defects with the osteocutaneous radial forearm flap: Evaluation of long term outcomes including patient reported quality of life.
- Measuring Institutional Quality in Head and Neck Surgery Using Hospital-Level Data: Negative Margin Rates and Neck Dissection Yield.
- Head And Neck Cancer
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Otolaryngology; Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, General Surgery
- University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 1996
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 1995
- Oregon Health Sciences University 2000
Dr. Eben L Rosenthal MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
Dr. Eben L Rosenthal MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rosenthal
- Can Ear Infections Cause Deafness?
Some amount of hearing loss may occur during an ear infection. This hearing loss might be partial to severe depending on the part of the ear affected and the extent to which the ear is affected. In most cases this deafness clears up along with the infection that is causing it but in some cases the...
- Top Five Reasons Why Your Diet Can Negatively Affect Vertigo
Causes of Vertigo...
- What Are Taste Buds?
IntroductionHave you ever wondered why a particular type of food tastes so good? Your taste buds let you recognize different food flavors such as the saltiness of chips and the sweetness of candies or doughnuts. According to ancient Greek view, that there are seven basic tastes, which consist of...
- How is Sinusitis Diagnosed?
Diagnosing sinusitis can be a tricky affair, considering that the symptoms closely resemble those related to colds and the flu. Very often, sinusitis develops from the infection triggered by cold and flu viruses, bacteria and fungi, and often lingers even after the disease-causing microbes have done...
- Why do I have Chronic Fatigue?
“People often come to doctors because of chronic tiredness. It is one of the most common complaints that bring them to the doctor”, says J. Fred Ralston Jr., MD, an internist practicing in western Tennessee and past president of the American College of Physicians. Ralston adds that there are...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Artemus J Cox MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Jack Melvin Dabbs MD652 Lomb Ave Birmingham AL 35211
- Dr. Morton Goldfarb M.D.833 Saint Vincents Dr Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Randall L. Real M.D.832 Princeton Ave Sw Birmingham AL 35211
- Dr. Susan Dixon Mccammon M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Paul F Castellanos MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233