Dr. Jared Harwood is a general surgeon practicing in Portsmouth, VA. Dr. Harwood specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Harwood provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
- The USS George Washington medical department: medicine in motion.
- An institutional review of splenic artery aneurysm in childbearing-aged females and splenic artery aneurysm rupture during pregnancy. Is screening justified?
- Promotion of Wellness and Mental Health Awareness Among Physicians in Training: Perspective of a National, Multispecialty Panel of Residents and Fellows.
- Consensus on Graduate Medical Education Financing: An Analysis of Stakeholder Responses to the House Energy and Commerce Committee's Open Letter.
- Catastrophic failure of an acetabular total hip arthroplasty component mimicking a posterior dislocation.
Dr. Jared Laverne Harwood M.D.'s Practice location
Portsmouth, VA 23708Get Direction
Columbus, OH 43210Get Direction
SEATTLE, WA 98195Get Direction
Dr. Jared Laverne Harwood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- What are the Treatment Options for Hernia
Hernia occurs when an organ protrudes through an opening or a tissue that keeps it in place. There are several types of hernia including inguinal, incisional, hiatal, and more. While some hernias have visible symptoms such as a lump or acidity in stomach, others are asymptotic. The latter type of...
- Appendicitis and Appendectomy
Health care personnel can identify many cases of appendicitis by checking the patient's medical history and then doing a physical examination of the individual.The health care personnel will ask questions like:...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- What Affects the Recovery Period for Hernia Surgery?
Once your hernia surgery is over, one thing that you would want to ask our doctor is “When can I resume my normal activities?” Hernia surgery is performed to close the opening from where the organ protrudes and reduce the pain experienced by the patient. In most non-invasive surgery options,...
- What to Expect After Recovery from an Appendectomy
Appendectomy is the term that is used in the medical field to refer to a surgical operation used to remove the appendix. The appendix is a small tube-shaped pouch that is attached to the large intestines. An appendectomy is an emergency operation that is conducted to treat the inflammation of the...
- Dr. Ernest F. Zichal D.O.500 J. Clyde Morris Blvd. Newport News Virginia 23601
- Eric Brian Michel110 East Severn Road Norfolk Virginia 23505
- Dr. Jeffrey Lynn Riblet M.D.3640 High St Portsmouth VA 23707
- Dr. Kurt A. Mccammon M.D.1200 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. William Levin Newcomb MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. Surya Challa MD300 Medical Pkwy Chesapeake VA 23320