Dr. Joanna Levin practices Orthodontics in Denver, CO. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Levin may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Levin must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
- Insertional mutagenesis of genes required for seed development in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Arabidopsis genes essential for seedling viability: isolation of insertional mutants and molecular cloning.
- The Caenorhabditis elegans unc-93 gene encodes a putative transmembrane protein that regulates muscle contraction.
- Expression of herpes simplex virus type 1 glycoprotein D deletion mutants in mammalian cells.
- Synthesis and cellular location of the ten influenza polypeptides individually expressed by recombinant vaccinia viruses.
- UFO: an Arabidopsis gene involved in both floral meristem and floral organ development.
- Three new classes of mutations in the Caenorhabditis elegans muscle gene sup-9.
- The CLAVATA and SHOOT MERISTEMLESS loci competitively regulate meristem activity in Arabidopsis.
- The SHOOT MERISTEMLESS gene is required for maintenance of undifferentiated cells in Arabidopsis shoot and floral meristems and acts at a different regulatory level than the meristem genes WUSCHEL and ZWILLE.
- A genetic screen for modifiers of UFO meristem activity identifies three novel FUSED FLORAL ORGANS genes required for early flower development in Arabidopsis.
Dr. Joanna Z. Levin D.M.D.'s Practice location
Denver, CO 80230Get Direction
Dr. Joanna Z. Levin D.M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Dr. Keith Packer DMD, MSD1502 N Zaragoza Rd El Paso TX 79936
- Dr. Colin Gibson D.D.S, M.S.1333 W 120th Ave Denver CO 80234
- Dr. Hilary Nieberg baskin DDS2020 Wadsworth Blvd. Denver CO 80214
- Dr. Robert T Rudman DDS MS155 Cook St Denver CO 80206
- Lisa Austin DMD, MSD10050 W 41st. Ave. Wheat Ridge CO 80033
- Dr. Anne Mangold D.D.S.7735 W Long Drive Littleton CO 80123