Dr. Alfred Dawson is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Florence, SC. Dr. Dawson specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Dawson tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1975
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Orthopedic Surgery; Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Orthopedic Surgery; Greenville Hosp System, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Medical College Of Georgia Hospital and Clinic
Dr. Alfred Gilchrist Dawson MD's Practice location
Florence, SC 29501Get Direction
Dr. Alfred Gilchrist Dawson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Do You Need a Bone Density Examination?
What is a bone density examination?A bone density examination is the only examination that will diagnose osteoporosis before its signs and symptoms become visible and before any bone fractures occur. With the help of a bone density test, your doctor will know more about the density and health of...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Dr. Rakesh Pravin Chokshi M.D.901 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Christopher Stephen Litts MD2050 Kenny Rd Columbus OH 43221
- Dr. Nigel Alan roderick Watt M.D.901 E. Cheves Street Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Rodney K Alan MD800 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Barry Lee Clark D.O.901 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Kyle E Watford MD800 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506