Leon Albert Hyer PSYCHOLOGIST
Psychologist | Clinical840 Pine St Suite 880 Macon GA, 31201
Dr. Leon Hyer is a psychologist practicing in Macon, GA. Dr. Hyer specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Hyer evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Hyer because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in Korean conflict and World War II combat veterans seeking outpatient treatment.
- Dementia and behavioral disturbance: does premorbid personality really matter?
- Relation of the Repeatable Battery for Assessment of Neuropsychological Status to measures of daily functioning in dementia.
- The fifth vital sign--what does it mean?
- Comorbidity and treatment outcome of inpatients with chronic combat-related PTSD.
- Interaction of age and opioid dependence on length of hospital stay for spine surgery patients.
- Factor analytic study of irrational beliefs.
- A comparison among some measures of depression in male alcoholics.
- Comparison among four measures of depression in younger and older alcoholics.
- Irrational ideas. Older vs. younger inpatients.
- Testing for cognitive dysfunction in the aging psychiatric patient.
- Older alcoholics: profile of decline.
- Satz-Mogel short form of WAIS with older psychiatric patients.
- Defensiveness in psychiatric elderly persons: fact or fiction.
- Demographic and clinical characteristics as predictors of readmission: a one-year follow-up.
- MMPI profiles in PTSD as a function of comorbidity.
- A comparison of MMPI and MMPI-2 in PTSD assessment.
- Self-critical depressive experience in posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Examining comorbidity and posttraumatic stress disorder in a Vietnam veteran population using the MMPI-2.
Leon Albert Hyer PSYCHOLOGIST's Practice location
Leon Albert Hyer PSYCHOLOGIST's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hyer
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Can Aquatic Therapy Benefit Children with Autism?
Children with autism face a ton of obstacles and challenges throughout their day to day lives. Parents, researchers, and medical professionals work tirelessly to try and find new ways of helping children with autism with sensory disabilities. There are a host of new therapies and techniques that...
- Is Asperger's a Form of Autism?
Firstly, we need to know exactly what Asperger’s Syndrome is before we can relate it to Autism Spectrum Disorder. However, it is important to point out at this juncture that even though the two have similarities and differences, they are related.What is AS?Asperger’s Syndrome is actually...
- How Autism Stigma Almost Killed a Young Boy
A young boy was in dire need of a transplant, but hospitals refused him due to his autism. After fighting the odds and getting the procedure, surviving, and thriving, he has started a conversation about preventing medical bias.Battle for a transplantLief was only nine years old when he became ill...
- Amazing Mom Helps Son with Autism Fulfill Dream of Opening Bakery
For many people with autism, adulthood poses even more difficulties than childhood. Shelly Henley is the mother of Jacob Wittman, and she knew this better than most people.But she did not let her son fall to the wayside, like so many children with autism do when they cross the threshold into...
- Dr. Robert Alvin Foster PSY.D.3351 Northside Dr Macon GA 31210
- Dr. Daniel H Johnston PHD655 First Street Macon GA 31201
- Mrs. Gena Helen Connally PH.D.584 Arlington Pl Macon GA 31201
- Dr. Michael Robert Johns PSY.D.2278 Moody Rd Warner Robins GA 31088
- Dr. Donna Purvis Ivey PH.D.146 Pierce Ave Macon GA 31204
- Dr. Deborah Ann Baker PHD655 7th St Warner Robins GA 31098