Dr. Carla Callao is an internist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Callao specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Callao provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Fund Educ Do Est Do Para- Fac Est De Med Do Para- Belem-Pa- Brazil 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Caritas Carney Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Carla A. Callao MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94115Get Direction
Dr. Carla A. Callao MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Callao
- Can Dehydration Cause a Lack of Appetite?
When a body doesn’t have sufficient fluids, it becomes dehydrated. Although dehydration mostly occurs during warm seasons when people work outdoors and don’t drink plenty of water, it can also happen in various situations and can be very dangerous or even fatal. Dehydration occurs in three...
- Round and Yellow M 66 Pill
M 66 PillThis pill is round and yellow in color with an imprint of “M 66”. It has been identified as meloxicam 7.5 mg, which is used for the treatment of inflammatory conditions, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and tendonitis.Under the Controlled Substances Act, meloxicam is...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- Should I Receive a Flu Shot this Year?
The common flu, or influenza, is an illness that affects about 20% of the population throughout the country every year. This seemingly harmless virus may lead to a number of health complications, which can be life threatening. Flu shots are one of the most efficient ways to prevent this viral...
- How to Get Rid of Athlete's Foot Fast
What is athlete’s foot?Athlete’s foot is a type of fungal infection that affects the feet or toes. This fungal infection is medically known as tinea pedis. The fungus that causes the infection usually feeds on keratin or the skin protein. Keratin is found in the skin's top layer, including...
- Dr. Claudine J.M. Aguilera M.D.581 Rosal Ave Oakland CA 94610
- Dr. Anita C. Gaind M.D.106 La Casa Via Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Maria Corazon David-Arrobio DDS25825 South Vermont Avenue Harbor City California 90710
- Dr. Matthew Campbell M.D.350 John Muir Parkway Brentwood California 94513
- Dr. Carolyn Petersen M.D.1001 Bridgeway Sausalito California 94965
- Dr. Ramnik Kaur Josan M.D.1820 Ogden Drive Burlingame CA 94010