Dr. Allison Heather Eliscu MD
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent MedicineHsc T-11, Rm 060 Dept Of Pediatrics Stony Brook NY, 11794
Dr. Allison Eliscu is an adolescent specialist practicing in Stony Brook, NY. Dr. Eliscu works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Eliscu treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Adolescent Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Adolescent Medicine- 2010
- 2008 2009
- Contraception (birth Control), Family Planning, Pap Smear And More
- MemberAOA AT GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIV.
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Member SOCIETY OF ADOLESCENT MEDICINE
- Columbia University Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Allison Heather Eliscu MD's Practice location
Stony Brook, NY 11794Get Direction
EAST SETAUKET, NY 11733Get Direction
Dr. Allison Heather Eliscu MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Eliscu
- Can Certain Lifestyle Choices Influence the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an illness that affects the body’s nervous system and whose cure has yet to be found. MS is characterized by varying signs and symptoms depending on which part of the nervous system is affected. The main and most common signs and symptoms observable in most patients...
- What Are the Treatments for Cold Sores?
Cold sores are inflamed fluid-filled blisters, which appear in clusters on and around the mouth or lips. They can be seen when a person has a weakened immune system during fever, cold, or any other disease. Usually, cold sores are not harmful and should heal on their own within two to four weeks...
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Chronic?
Restless legs syndrome is not chronic. RLS is a neurological movement disorder of the limbs. It is usually associated with sleep disruptions. Patients with RLS will usually report strange sensations, such as an urge to move their leg. This can become very bothersome, which can lead to physical as...
- How is Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosed?
Binge eating disorder can often go undetected for long periods of time because it is a condition characterized by shame, denial and secrecy. Being open about it is always the first step to its diagnosis. This makes diagnosis of this particular eating disorder challenging in most cases. Binge eating...
- AIDS: What you Need to Know
HIV and AIDSAIDS and HIV go hand in hand. First, let's talk about HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). HIV attacks the body's immune system. This was first discovered in Central Africa from chimpanzees. It is believed to be transferred to humans when humans hunted chimpanzees and came in contact with...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Kenneth H. Prushik M.D.241 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Irwin L. Schwartz M.D.200 Main St East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Francine Cormier M.D.2507 South Road Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dr. Harvey Alan Kolker MD111 Sylvan Ave Miller Place NY 11764
- Dr. Kathrynne F. Yland M.D.241 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Anne E. Conrad M.D.241 E Main St Huntington NY 11743