Dr. Duncan Shaw Owen M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology8910 Brieryle Rd Henrico VA, 23229
Dr. Duncan Owen is a rheumatologist practicing in Henrico, VA. Dr. Owen specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Owen treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- U Nc Meml Hosp
Dr. Duncan Shaw Owen M.D.'s Practice location
Henrico, VA 23229Get Direction
Dr. Duncan Shaw Owen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Owen
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Making the Best Treatment Decisions
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, then you have some important treatment decisions to make along with your healthcare team and immediate family. There are a number of traditional and holistic treatment options available to you, and it’s beneficial to explore these...
- Sports Illustrated Model Robyn Lawley’s Lupus Journey Through Motherhood
It is estimated by the Lupus Foundation of America that at least five million people around the world have a form of lupus. There are 1.5 million in the United States, alone. Women of childbearing age are most likely to be stricken by this autoimmune disease. There are four different forms of lupus,...
- Mindfulness and Fibromyalgia
Present moment awareness, deep relaxation, and gentle movement can help an individual discover and observe his or her reactions to stressors, such as pain or the emotional devastation of being diagnosed with a chronic illness. This understanding can lead to changes in thought and body awareness that...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Tatum O'Neal Knows Rheumatoid Arthritis Personally
Many know Tatum O'Neal from her acting career, but not as many know the struggle she has been through in regard to rheumatoid arthritis.The struggle of getting people to understandThe trouble with illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis is that it can be hard for people who had never been through it to...
- FDA Approves Horizon's Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug
Those who live with rheumatoid arthritis know that symptoms tend to spike in the early morning, with stiffness and pain being the most common factors. No matter how effective the medicine on hand, patients still have to get up and wait for the treatment to kick in. This can make days feel difficult...
- Dr. Karim Richard Masri M.D.9602 Patterson Ave Richmond VA 23229
- Dr. Christopher M Wise M.D.1250 E Marshall Street Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Shikha Sarebahi M.D2324 Colony Crossing Place Midlothian Virginia 23112
- Lindsay S Holtz MD8201 Atlee Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. James P. Brodeur M.D.8201 Atlee Rd Mechanicsville VA 23116
- Dr. Sujatha P Vuyyuru M.D.110 Old Bermuda Hundred Rd Chester VA 23836