Dr. Edward Sweet is an ophthalmologist practicing in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Sweet specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Sweet can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Sweet can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca 1988
University of California 1988
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Mount Zion M C Univ Ca, Internal Medicine
- University Of California, Davis
Dr. Edward H. Sweet MD's Practice location
Walnut Creek, CA 94598Get Direction
Dr. Edward H. Sweet MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sweet
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- J. Frederick Riedel112 La Casa Via Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Rona Zel Silkiss M.D.400 29th Street Oakland California 94609
- Dr. Joseph F Barakeh DO PHD1855 San Miguel Dr Walnut Creek CA 94596
- Dr. Arun Prasad MD895 Trancas St Napa CA 94558
- Dr. Robert Alan Hardy M.D.3093 Citrus Cir Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Suraj Mathew Cherry MD3505 Lone Tree Way Antioch CA 94509