Dr. Elias K Shaya M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry5601 Loch Raven Blvd Rmb 406 Baltimore MD, 21239
Dr. Elias Shaya is a psychiatrist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Shaya is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Shaya diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Shaya may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Shaya treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Govt. Dental College, Bangalore University, India 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- A cluster randomized trial of standard quality improvement versus patient-centered interventions to enhance depression care for African Americans in the primary care setting: study protocol NCT00243425.
- Comparative effectiveness of standard versus patient-centered collaborative care interventions for depression among African Americans in primary care settings: the BRIDGE Study.
- Dopamine D2 receptor density estimates in schizophrenia: a positron emission tomography study with 11C-N-methylspiperone.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals 1989
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Hospital 1990
Dr. Elias K Shaya M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21239Get Direction
Dr. Elias K Shaya M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shaya
- Everything You Need To Know About Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which you feel extremely fearful of places and situations that are uncomfortable and dangerous according to you. These are the places that make you feel trapped and assume that the escape might be difficult in the case of a panic attack, such as an elevator, a...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- How Is Schizophrenia Diagnosed?
The typical cases of schizophrenia are easy to diagnose. The difficult to diagnose are those belonging to an ill-defined group that includes the so-called latent cases, borderline, character disorder, quasi-psychotic psychopaths, severe personality difficulties, and so on. The diagnosis made in...
- What Is Venlafaxine: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
Generic Name: VenlafaxineBrand Name(s): Effexor, Effexor XRIntroductionVenlafaxine belongs to the class of selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), which are used for the treatment of anxiety, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder. This medication works by...
- What are the Different Types of Anxiety?
What is anxiety?Individuals who have anxiety normally face stressful situations under normal circumstances, meaning, that they can become fearful and nervous completely out of context when a situation doesn't have any reason for these reactions. This is considered anxiety.Anxiety can be caused be a...
- Dr. Elsa Correa M.D.217 Main St Reisterstown MD 21136
- Dr. Alfred W. Forrester M.D.9515 Deereco Road Timonium Maryland 21093
- Dr. Gregory Alan Foster M.D.Johns Hopkins Hospital 600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. David S. Arnold M.D.10 N Greene St Baltimore Maryland 21201
- Dr. Andrea P. Watkins MD, MPH10400 Connecticut Ave Kensington Maryland 20895
- Pramit Rastogi Other35 Meridian Ln Towson Maryland 21286