Dr. Michael Kunesh is an ophthalmologist practicing in Dayton, OH. Dr. Kunesh specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Kunesh can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Kunesh can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1986
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1986
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Dr. Michael T Kunesh M.D.'s Practice location
Dayton, OH 45419Get Direction
Dr. Michael T Kunesh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Dr. William Joseph Kessler M.D.2600 Far Hills Ave Dayton OH 45419
- Dr. Sung Kwong Or D.O.1538 Marsetta Dr Dayton OH 45432
- Dr. Ronald E Warwar M.D.3100 Governors Place Blvd Dayton OH 45409
- Dr. Andrew Glenn Cheek MD1 Stadium Drive Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Tom F Straus MD4701 Central Ave Middletown OH 45044
- Dr. Bruce M Buerk MD89 Sylvania Dr Dayton OH 45440