Dr. Andrew Portis is a urologist practicing in Saint Paul, MN. Dr. Portis specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
University Of Alberta Faculty Of Med and Dentistry Edmonton Ab Canada 1993
- Retrograde renal pelvic access sheath to facilitate flexible ureteroscopic lithotripsy for the treatment of urolithiasis in a horseshoe kidney.
- Laparoscopic radical/total nephrectomy: a decade of progress.
- Should laparoscopy be the standard approach used for radical nephrectomy?
- Ureteroscopic laser lithotripsy for upper urinary tract calculi with active fragment extraction and computerized tomography followup.
- Editorial comment.
- Reply: To PMID 24837450.
- Repeat Surgery After Ureteroscopic Laser Lithotripsy With Attempted Complete
- Author Reply.
- Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement System (PROMIS((R))) for Patients with
- Reinnervation of isolated islets of Langerhans transplanted beneath the kidney capsule in the rat.
- Treatment options for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- University Of Alberta
Dr. Andrew John Portis M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Paul, MN 55102Get Direction
Dr. Andrew John Portis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Portis
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- Saw Palmetto Health Benefits: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
What is saw palmetto?Saw palmetto is a type of palm tree mostly found in Florida and other Southeastern states. Florida's Seminole tribe used to eat the saw palmetto fruit as part of their diet and treated various medical conditions including reproductive and urinary problems, which are associated...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Dr. Travis John Pagliara M.D.701 PARK AVE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55415
- Robert Sweet420 Delaware Street Southeast Minneapolis Minnesota 55455
- Dr. Yuri E Reinberg MD2545 Chicago Ave S Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. William D Borkon MD3900 Park Nicollet Blvd Minneapolis MN 55416
- Dr. Stephen J Lukasewycz M.D.420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Kenneth S Koeneman MD516 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455