Dr. Gregory Mercurio is an internist practicing in New Smyrna Beach, FL. Dr. Mercurio specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Mercurio provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1988
- Staten Island Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Nassau Co Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Nassau Co Med Center
Dr. Gregory James Mercurio MD's Practice location
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169Get Direction
Dr. Gregory James Mercurio MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mercurio
- E. coli and Urinary Tract Infections
What is a urinary tract infection?The main function of the urinary system is to get rid of waste, maintain the body’s water balance, and regulate electrolytes. Its function starts with the kidneys, the organ that filter blood to produce urine, which is composed of extra fluid and wastes. Before...
- How to Treat Meningitis
Meningitis is a rare type of infection caused by different organisms like bacteria, a virus, and fungus. The infection usually starts in some other parts of the body like sinuses, ears, or upper respiratory tract. Successful treatment of meningitis depends on several factors like cause of the...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Prescription Pills May Contain Animal Products
One might avoid animal products for a number of reasons – dietary, medical, cultural, ethical, or religious beliefs. Many vegetarians, who eat or use animal products, for one or many of the above said reasons, are unaware of the fact that most drugs contain animal products. Many drugs contain...
- What are Electronic Cigarettes?
First introduced in China, E-cigarettes, or electronic cigarettes, are devices that make nicotine vapors for inhaling. It is battery powered, and is a popular choice for people who do not want to inhale smoke that is in normal cigarettes. It is considered as an alternative for tobacco lovers as the...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- Dr. Carlos Javier Farach M.D.1545 Hand Ave Ormond Beach FL 32174
- Dr. Wafik F Makary M.D.4690 S Clyde Morris Blvd Port Orange FL 32129
- Dr. Regina Josephine Asihene M.D.239 North Ridgewood Avenue Edgewater FL 32132
- Dr. Mina B Zahedi MD1050 W Granada Blvd Ormond Beach FL 32174
- Dr. Dorothy M Iwanski D.O.60 Memorial Medical Pkwy Palm Coast FL 32164
- Dr. Dragos Vasile MD1211 Dunlawton Ave Port Orange FL 32127