Dr. Mary Kosir is a general surgeon practicing in Detroit, MI. Dr. Kosir specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Kosir provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1982
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Matrix glycosaminoglycans in the growth phase of fibroblasts: more of the story in wound healing.
- Surgical outcomes after breast cancer surgery: measuring acute lymphedema.
- Levels of 5-hydroxymethyl-2'-deoxyuridine in DNA from blood of women scheduled for breast biopsy.
- Ethnicity related differences in the survival of young breast carcinoma patients.
- Can a practicing surgeon detect early lymphedema reliably?
- Murine ocular heparanase expression before and during infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Improving surgical outcomes: standardizing the reporting of incidence and severity of acute lymphedema after sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary lymph node dissection.
- Expression patterns of lymphangiogenic and angiogenic factors in a model of breast ductal carcinoma in situ.
- The Kolb learning cycle in American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam remediation: the Accelerated Clinical Education in Surgery course.
- Increased invasion through basement membrane by CXCL7-transfected breast cells.
- Immunohistochemical analysis of ocular platelet basic protein expression during infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- CXCL7-Mediated Stimulation of Lymphangiogenic Factors VEGF-C, VEGF-D in Human Breast Cancer Cells.
- Adhesion of Kirsten-ras+ tumor-progressing and Kirsten-ras- revertant 3T3 cells on fibronectin proteolytic fragments.
- The effects of different routes of injection on the biochemistry of adhesion site proteoglycans in metastatic v-Ki-ras-transformed 3T3 cells.
- Challenging paradigms: long non-coding RNAs in breast ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).
- Breast Cancer
- Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, General Surgery
- University Hospitals, Cleveland
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Mary Ann Kosir MD's Practice location
Detroit, MI 48201Get Direction
Detroit, MI 48201Get Direction
Dr. Mary Ann Kosir MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kosir
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- Reasons Why You Need Hernia Surgery
Nowadays, the majority of hernia surgical operations are carried out as outpatient procedures. Hernia surgery is a common treatment which is less invasive and is associated with minimal risks. There are two types of hernia surgery; open repair and laparoscopic. Both methods of surgery take a few...
- What Is a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids result from the application of pressure in the anus and rectum. This pressure affects the flow of blood, resulting in the formation of swellings in the veins covering these areas, known as hemorrhoids. At times, the vessels may not allow blood to flow properly along these veins and the...
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- Diagnosing Appendicitis During Pregnancy
Diagnosing appendicitis during pregnancy is difficult because its symptoms are quite similar to those of pregnancy. Therefore, it’s important to be aware of this condition and consult your doctor immediately if you feel that the signs and symptoms you are experiencing are indicative of...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Dr. Shivana N. Prakash MD43311 Commons Drive Clinton Township Michigan 48038
- Dr. Yanira Perez M.D.850 S ATLANTIC BLVD Monterey Park CA 91754
- Dr. David L Chengelis MD3535 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Semeret Munie M.D.2540 Rochester Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Ashley Sachtleben DO701 West Front Street Traverse City Michigan 49684
- Dr. Nicholas Paul Nunnally D.O.13355 E. Ten Mile Rd Warren MI 48089