Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD
Trauma Surgeon | Trauma Surgery50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Stephen Morris is a trauma surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Morris specializes in both operative and non-operative management to treat life threatening, traumatic injuries. Some commonly operated areas include the stomach, colon, spleen and pancreas and trauma surgeons also work with other surgeons to stabilize patients in critical condition. Typically, trauma surgeons work in the emergency care area of a hospital.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1982
University of Utah School of Medicine 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Early tracheostomy does not improve outcome in burn patients.
- Sustained bone mineral density changes after burn injury.
- Self-reported quality of life after electrical and thermal injury.
- Regional air transport of burn patients: a case for telemedicine?
- Home treadmill friction injuries: a five-year review.
- The relationship of serum lactate and base deficit in burn patients to mortality.
- Use of inhaled heparin/N-acetylcystine in inhalation injury: does it help?
- Fournier's gangrene: management at a regional burn center.
- Telemedicine evaluation of acute burns is accurate and cost-effective.
- Process improvement in trauma: traumatic bladder injuries and compliance with recommended imaging evaluation.
- Process improvement in trauma: compliance with recommended imaging evaluation in the diagnosis of high-grade renal injuries.
- Intravenous immune globulin therapy for Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis complicated by hemolysis leading to pigment nephropathy and hemodialysis.
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
SANDY, UT 84093Get Direction
Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morris
- How to Help a Loved One with Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are many times in which having a chronic disease can feel very lonely. Others around them may have a difficult time understanding their pain, especially if they look healthy or do not complain much about their ailment. Children may not be old enough to comprehend the challenges their parent...
- What Is Estarylla?
Estarylla is a combination hormone medication, which contains progestin (norgestimate) and estrogen (ethinyl estradiol). It is used to prevent pregnancy by inhibiting ovulation (release of an egg during a woman's menstrual period). It also prevents the sperm to reach the egg by making the vaginal...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- Alternative Treatments for Kidney Stones
Kidney stones is an infection that causes pain and embarrassment to the patients suffering from the condition. It is a condition that affects the urinary system of a person. It starts from the kidney down to the ureter and finally the bladder. Kidney stones causes effects to the ureter, bladder and...
- What is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition of the urinary bladder that causes extreme pain and discomfort. It mostly affects women, but may be seen in men as well. Interstitial cystitis often causes mild to severe pain in and around the pelvic area....
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment: Hot or Cold?
Ever heard of Icy Hot? Temperature-based therapies have been around for ages. Heat pads and ice packs have long been used to relieve all sorts of aches and pains of the muscles and joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is no exception, but how are these treatments used best for joints specifically affected...
- Dr. Sarah D. Majercik MD5121 S COTTONWOOD ST MURRAY UT 84107
- Dr. John Taylor Smith MD100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Mark Steven Molitor M.D.100 N Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Toby Merrill Enniss M.D.30 N. 1900 East, Mreb 307 Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Daniel Vargo M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Jeffrey R. Saffle MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132