Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD
Trauma Surgeon | Trauma Surgery50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Stephen Morris is a trauma surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Morris specializes in both operative and non-operative management to treat life threatening, traumatic injuries. Some commonly operated areas include the stomach, colon, spleen and pancreas and trauma surgeons also work with other surgeons to stabilize patients in critical condition. Typically, trauma surgeons work in the emergency care area of a hospital.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1982
University of Utah School of Medicine 1982
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Early tracheostomy does not improve outcome in burn patients.
- Sustained bone mineral density changes after burn injury.
- Self-reported quality of life after electrical and thermal injury.
- Regional air transport of burn patients: a case for telemedicine?
- Home treadmill friction injuries: a five-year review.
- The relationship of serum lactate and base deficit in burn patients to mortality.
- Use of inhaled heparin/N-acetylcystine in inhalation injury: does it help?
- Fournier's gangrene: management at a regional burn center.
- Telemedicine evaluation of acute burns is accurate and cost-effective.
- Process improvement in trauma: traumatic bladder injuries and compliance with recommended imaging evaluation.
- Process improvement in trauma: compliance with recommended imaging evaluation in the diagnosis of high-grade renal injuries.
- Intravenous immune globulin therapy for Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis complicated by hemolysis leading to pigment nephropathy and hemodialysis.
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Utah Program
Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morris
- How Hospitals Respond to the Nationwide Influenza Outbreak
The flu is one of the most contagious diseases that can affect people of all ages. Children and those with a weakened immune system are most prone to the illness. The inflicted usually suffer from a high fever, headache, and loss of strength, thus preventing them from doing anything other than...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Drugs That Reduce Stickiness of Blood May Reduce Dementia by 48 Percent
It has been long known that drugs that reduce the stickiness of blood help to keep the arteries and heart healthy and decrease the risk of cardiovascular events. Now, there is increasing evidence that these drugs may also help to reduce the incidence of dementia by as much as 48 percent.Several...
- Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
Contact lenses are popular for its two most important characteristics: flexibility and convenience. Based on their usage, contact lenses are categorized into two types: vision correcting lenses, and decorative lenses. Decorative lenses are used to improve the look of the eyes. Generally, these...
- What's the Difference Between Salt and Sodium?
IntroductionWhen people say salt, they usually mean the common table salt. Salt is a mineral that is mainly composed of sodium chloride (NaCl). To distinguish table salt from a class of chemical compounds called salts, the terms rock salt or the mineral name halite is used. Sodium is also...
- Home Test Featured on Dr. Oz Can Help Identify Alzheimer's Risk
Many think that there is life after Alzheimer's because patients are armed with the knowledge that their mind will eventually slip away. While there are methods of treatment in place, there is still no formal way to detect the disease early on, making treatment methods difficult to manage because...
- Dr. Mark Steven Molitor M.D.1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Mark T Savarise M.D.502 N Second Ave Sandpoint ID 83864
- Dr. Alexander Lorenzo Colonna M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Don Howard Van boerum M.D.324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Dr. Sarah D. Majercik MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Raminder Nirula MDFroedtert & Med College Clin - West Milwaukee WI 53226