Dr. Mobarak Karim practices Neuropathology in Takoma Park, MD. Dr. Karim studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Dacca Med Coll Dacca 1963
Dhaka Medical College and Hospital 1963
- Prince George'S Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine; Prince George'S Hosp Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Prince George's Hospital Center Program
Mr. Mobarak Karim M.D.'s Practice location
Takoma Park, MD 20912Get Direction
Mr. Mobarak Karim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Art Can Be Used by Dementia Patients to Make Connections
For those suffering from dementia, confusion and disorientation can be a daily struggle. They may have short term memory loss or worse, lose their ability to communicate. These side effects are frustrating for dementia patients and can be equally as frustrating for their caregivers and family...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease?
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive nervous disorder that affects an individual's movement and coordination. It is a degenerative disorder that affects the part of brain controlling movement and balance. The loss of muscle control is often seen in the form of tremors in the limbs, which is the...
- Improving Sleep Apnea Symptoms May Benefit Epilepsy Patients
Epilepsy affects approximately 0.5-1 percent of the population. It is a disease characterized by involuntary movements or seizures. Although numerous drugs have been introduced to treat epilepsy over the last few decades, almost one-third of those living with epilepsy do not benefit from these...
- The 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response by the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. Specifically, the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating scar...
- Brain Cells Can Revamp DNA, Possibly Causing Alzheimer’s Disease
The neurons in the brain can interchange and alter genes, scientists have found. This interference can expand what the brain’s proteins can do, but it also might be a reason for Alzheimer’s. ...
- CRISPR Could be the Possible Cure for Muscular Dystrophy
How about technology that could offer a “cut and paste” or just a “delete” solution to all genetic mutations, defects, and resulting disorders? Well, that may sound too much to ask for, an oversimplification, but it is exactly what many scientific researchers in the field of genetic modeling...
- Maris Stella Legarda3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. Michael R. Yochelson MD102 Irving Street Northwest Washington DC 20010
- Steven E. Lo Other3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. Syed W Asad M.D.7500 Hanover Pkwy Greenbelt MD 20770
- Dr. Marianne Schuelein M.D.3301 New Mexico Ave Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Kanwaljit Ahuja M.D.3231 Superior Lane Bowie Maryland 20715