Dr. Thomas Nickolas is a nephrologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Nickolas specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Nickolas most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1998
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Characterization of the inflammatory response to biomaterials using a rodent air pouch model.
- Serum neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a marker of renal function in children with chronic kidney disease.
- Biomarkers in acute and chronic kidney disease.
- Chronic kidney disease and bone fracture: a growing concern.
- Elevated urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin can diagnose acute kidney injury in patients with chronic kidney diseases.
- High-resolution computed tomography imaging: a virtual bone biopsy.
- Urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin identifies unilateral and bilateral urinary tract obstruction.
- Urinary neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin predicts mortality and identifies acute kidney injury in cirrhosis.
- BMD and fracture risk in CKD: where should we go from here?
- NGAL-Siderocalin in kidney disease.
- Bone material properties in premenopausal women with idiopathic osteoporosis.
- Pancreas-kidney transplantation is associated with reduced fracture risk compared with kidney-alone transplantation in men with type 1 diabetes.
- Teriparatide for idiopathic osteoporosis in premenopausal women: a pilot study.
- The clinical utility of FRAX to discriminate fracture status in men and women with chronic kidney disease.
- Can one evaluate bone disease in chronic kidney disease without a biopsy?
- The utility of circulating markers to predict bone loss across the CKD spectrum.
- Longitudinal HR-pQCT and image registration detects endocortical bone loss in kidney transplantation patients.
- Bone imaging and fracture risk assessment in kidney disease.
- Change in estimated glomerular filtration rate and fracture risk in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes Trial.
- Marrow adiposity assessed on transiliac crest biopsy samples correlates with noninvasive measurement of marrow adiposity by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((1)H-MRS) at the spine but not the femur.
- Bone kidney interactions.
- Bone density, microarchitecture and stiffness in Caucasian and Caribbean Hispanic postmenopausal American women.
- Bone Disorders in Chronic Kidney Disease: An Update in Diagnosis and Management.
- Differences in bone quality and strength between Asian and Caucasian young men.
- Fractures in Patients with CKD: Time for Action.
- Cortical microstructure compensates for smaller bone size in young Caribbean Hispanic versus non-Hispanic white men.
- Spine Trabecular Bone Score as an Indicator of Bone Microarchitecture at the Peripheral Skeleton in Kidney Transplant Recipients.
- Bone Quality in Chronic Kidney Disease: Definitions and Diagnostics.
- Does NGAL reduce costs? A cost analysis of urine NGAL (uNGAL) & serum creatinine (sCr) for acute kidney injury (AKI) diagnosis.
- Resizing Nephrology Training Programs: A Call to Action.
- Correction: Does NGAL reduce costs? A cost analysis of urine NGAL (uNGAL) & serum creatinine (sCr) for acute kidney injury (AKI) diagnosis.
- Cancer screening in otorhinolaryngology.
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Internal Medicine
- Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Thomas Louis Nickolas M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10032Get Direction
Dr. Thomas Louis Nickolas M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- Dr. Pascal Dabel M.D.11550 Indian Hills Rd Mission Hills California 91345
- Sine Akten Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Chaim Charytan M.D.1874 Pelham Pkwy S Bronx NY 10461
- Dr. Gary Bruce Orin MD311 E 79th St New York NY 10075
- Dr. Benjamin Lowell Metzger M.D.1317 3rd Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Jun B Lee M.D.505 E 70th St New York NY 10021