Dr. Mallory Riggs is a speech language pathologist practicing in ROCHESTER, MN. Dr. Riggs specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Riggs evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Riggs helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mallory Riggs's Practice location
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Mallory Riggs's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Mrs. Leanne Marie Elmer M.S. CCC-SLP200 1ST ST SW ROCHESTER MN 55905
- Edythe A Strand PHD. SLP200 1ST STSW ROCHESTER MN 55905
- Mr. Jeffrey James Glessing M.A. CCC-SLP200 6TH ST NE BYRON MN 55920
- Jennifer Leuthold M.S. CCC-SLP300 1ST AVE NW ROCHESTER MN 55901
- Miss Tamara Louise Koehler MS CCC-SLP2746 SUPERIOR DR NW ROCHESTER MN 55901
- Mrs. Kaylene Barrett Polley MS, CCC-SLP1839 36TH ST NW ROCHESTER MN 55901