Dr. Catherine M Hegarty MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism2150 Main Street Springfield MA, 01104
Dr. Catherine Hegarty practices Endocrinology in Springfield, MA. Dr. Hegarty specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Hegarty examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1994
University of Massachusetts / Worcester Campus 1994
University Of Massachusetts Medical School 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Graves' Disease
- Baystate Med Ctr, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Baystate Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Baystate Med Center
- Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Catherine M Hegarty MD's Practice location
Springfield, MA 01104Get Direction
Dr. Catherine M Hegarty MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hegarty
- Insulin for Diabetes
It is a familiar story and it always goes like this, “I have frequent urination and fast heartbeat when I take my insulin”. Insulin should help you control the glucose levels in the body. When you eat food, the insulin is released into your blood stream to help move sugar into your cells to...
- Dietary Supplements for Diabetes
What is diabetes?Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, which involves a problem with the hormone called insulin. The pancreas, which is situated behind the stomach, releases insulin to help the body store and then later use sugar and fat from the food we eat. The occurrence of diabetes happens when...
- A Trulia Entrepreneur and His Solution to End Type 2 Diabetes
Sami Inkinen is a hugely successful entrepreneur who cooperated in the founding and development of Trulia, a real estate empire which was sold in 2014 to Zillow for the staggering amount of $3.5 billion. Using part of his fortune, Inkinen went on to build Virtra, a health care startup whose sole...
- 10 Natural Ways to Lower Your Blood Sugar
High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, happens when blood glucose is abnormally high due to your body’s improper use of insulin or when your body cannot produce insulin. It mainly affects people with diabetes. Food intake, sedentary lifestyle, illnesses, and not taking the prescribed...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- How the Smart Insulin Patch is a Breakthrough for Insulin Delivery
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Dr. Robert J Cooper M.D.3300 Main St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Jeffrey M Korff M.D.264 Elm St Northampton MA 01060
- Dr. Michael James Lemay M.D.3300 Main St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Warren Thau M.D.305 Bicentennial Hwy Springfield MA 01118
- Dr. Stuart Ross Chipkin M.D.31 Hall Dr Amherst MA 01002
- Dr. Jorge E Silva M.D.3300 Main St Springfield MA 01199