Dr. Phillip Smith is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Brookline, MA. Dr. Smith specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Smith can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Smith can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1957
Tufts University School of Medicine 1957
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Boston Univ Med Ctr/Univ Hp, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Boston City Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Phillip Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Brookline, MA 02446Get Direction
Dr. Phillip Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Lack of Sleep During Pregnancy May Increase a Mother's Risk for Preeclampsia
A study published in the journal, Sleep, has shown that too much or too little sleep during pregnancy may increase the risk of high blood pressure and related complications during pregnancy. High blood pressure induced by pregnancy is a symptom of preeclampsia, which later increases the risk of...
- What Are Submucosal Leiomyomas?
Submucosal leiomyomas are non-cancerous tumors occurring at the wall of the uterus. It’s common in women of childbearing age. Most women with fibroids might not experience any visible symptoms. For some women, the symptoms of submucosal fibroids could become so severe that they interfere with...
- Painkillers Can Increase Your Risk of Miscarriages
Use of non-aspirin anti-inflammatory painkillers may increase the risk of miscarriages in women, according to a new study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal. This new study is large with more than 52,000 pregnant women from Canada. The study results show that women who had...
- Melatonin Use in IVF
What is melatonin?Melatonin is a hormone, which is naturally found in the body. This hormone is produced by the pineal gland and plays a role in regulating the circadian rhythm or sleep-wake cycle, fetal development, and fertility. Synthetic melatonin is also available in the form of nutritional...
- 5 Tips on Living with Fibroids
Fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that form on the walls of the uterus. Statistics show that more than 70 percent of women will experience fibroids at one point in their lives. Although fibroids don’t show clear signs and symptoms, other women will experience heavy bleeding and severe pain....
- Fat Injections Can Hinder Mammograms
Injecting fat from other parts of the body to augment breasts is becoming more popular than the traditional methods used for breast enlargement procedures. Studies have indicated that the injection of fat in the breast tissue can hinder mammograms.Two major studies published in the journal, Plastic...
- Dr. Ruth C Fretts MD230 Worcester St Wellesley Hills MA 02481
- Dr. Diana Rodriguez M.D.736 Cambridge St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Juan Pablo Richiusa M.D.260 Cochituate Road Framingham Massachusetts 01701
- Dr. Anjan K Chaudhury M.D.1180 Beacon street Brookline Ma 02446
- Dr. Lekha S. Hota MD725 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138
- Dr. Alison E. Zimon M.D.2300 Crown Colony Dr Quincy MA 02169