Dr. Robert Ricks is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in The Villages, FL. Dr. Ricks specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ricks can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ricks can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Howard Univ Coll of Med, Washington Dc 1962
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1975
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- The natural history of pelvic organ support in pregnancy.
- Depression screening in the pregnant soldier wellness program.
- The effects of late gestation maternal nutrient restriction with or without protein supplementation on endocrine regulation of newborn and postnatal beef calves.
- Effects of maternal nutrient restriction during early or mid-gestation without realimentation on maternal physiology and foetal growth and development in beef cattle.
- Orange County Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Kern Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Robert Edward Ricks M.D.'s Practice location
The Villages, FL 32162Get Direction
Dr. Robert Edward Ricks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Vaginitis?
Vaginitis is a condition that is characterized by the inflammation of the vagina. It usually occurs as a result of fungal infection. Normally, a woman with vaginitis experiences vaginal itchiness, irritation, and sometimes pain. Mostly, the vulva is irritated or becomes infected. The condition is...
- Birth Control Patch: Pros and Cons
What is a birth control patch?The birth control patch is a safe, simple, and affordable method of birth control. It is a transdermal patch used as a method of contraception, which can be worn on the skin of the upper arm, belly, buttocks, or back. The patch is usually changed every week for three...
- How to Prevent Flare-Ups of Genital Warts?
Introduction to Genital WartsGenital Warts or venereal warts are caused by HPV (human papilloma virus). When this virus infects a person, warts start appearing on the genitals. While some warts are asymptotic and people may not even realize that they are having it, some appear on the genital areas...
- How to Manage 'Muffin Top'
It is common for women to store fat around their abdominal region. This type of fat and weight gain commonly occurs in women who are experiencing menopause. When estrogen levels are reduced, it causes the body to redistribute fat onto a woman's hips, abdomen, and buttocks. However, belly fat is not...
- Fitness Options for New Moms
Robert O. Atlas, MD, O.B.G.Y.N., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, is of the opinion that when a woman can resume exercise depends on the individual. Some new moms are ready within two weeks while some others may take a month or so to get back...
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- Dr. Christopher James Stanley M.D.3350 Waterman Way Tavares FL 32778
- Dr. Anita Chait MD777 Deltona Blvd Deltona FL 32725
- Dr. Uzoma Kelechi Nwaubani M.D1503 Buenos Aires Blvd Lady Lake FL 32159
- Dr. Sandra J Murphy MD94 Marie Langdon Dr Manchester KY 40962
- Dr. Iris Nereida Ayala M.D., FACOG400 W Woodward Ave Eustis FL 32726
- Dr. Douglas Hall M.D.1317 Se 25th Loop Ocala FL 34471